I became interested in the medical sciences as a child learning from my father in his chemistry laboratory. As a teenager, my sister was stricken with cancer and I helped support her while she underwent treatment. She was fortunate to receive an experimental treatment helping her win her cancer battle. Watching her courageous journey into the unknown was inspiring and my motivation to help improve the lives of cancer patients. Through the guidance of world-class mentors during my fifteen years of research and medical training I decided to make my impact in the field of breast cancer. I pride myself in providing compassionate, thoughtful, evidence-based care. I believe knowledge is power and my role is to provide you with the knowledge that will allow you to make an informed decision. I view our relationship as a team effort towards killing the cancer in your body. And, regardless of the situation, I will l always put your interests first. On a personal note, my greatest accomplishment is raising my two handsome young boys with my beautiful wife.
Clinical Focus and Research
My research is focused on investigating how the immune system can be leveraged to benefit breast cancer patients. There are three main areas I am focused on. First, I am elucidating the tumor immune microenvironment of hereditary breast cancers. Second, I am defining immunologic signatures that predict disease outcomes in breast cancer patients. Third, I am investigating genomic and infectious etiologies of inflammatory breast cancer and determining how this information will inform treatment paradigms.
View Jeremy Force's publications on PubMed
Duke Health contracts with most major health insurance carriers and transplant networks, including the ones listed below. Before scheduling your appointment, we strongly recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the Duke Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any co-payments, co–insurances, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with Duke, your out of pocket liability may be higher. We will contact you regarding your coverage and patient liability. If you are uninsured, learn more about our financial assistance policy.
- Aetna Choice POS, Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice HMO, Aetna Open Access Elect Choice
- Aetna Health Network Only, Aetna Health Network Option
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Limited Benefit Insurance PPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS
- Aetna Medicare HMO Open Access
- Aetna Medicare Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Premier Plan (PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Prime Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Open Access HMO, Open Access Aetna Select, Aetna Open Access Select, Aetna Open Access Managed Choice
- Aetna Open Choice PPO
- Aetna PCP Coordinated POS Plan
- Aetna Quality Point of Service (QPOS)
- Aetna Select HMO
- Aetna Traditional Choice
- Aetna Voluntary Indemnity Group Plan
- Aetna Whole Health – Duke WakeMed WKCC
- Ambetter of North Carolina
Blue Cross Blue Shield of NC
- Blue Advantage
- Blue Medicare (HMO, PPO)*
- Blue Options (123, PPO, HSA)
- Blue Select
- NC State Employees Health Plan
- *Duke HomeCare and Hospice does not participate in the plan.
- Cigna Choice Plus
- Cigna Open Access
- Cigna Open Access Plus
Duke Group Plans
- Duke Basic
- Duke Select
- Experience Health Medicare Advantage (HMO) Plan
- First Health
- Gateway Health Alliance
Gateway Health Plan
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Prime (HMO)
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Select (HMO)
- Halifax Physician-Hospital Organization
- Humana Choice (PPO)
- Humana ChoiceCare (PPO)
- Humana Gold Choice (PFFS)
- Humana Gold Plus (HMO)
- First Medicare Direct*
- Medicare Part A
- Medicare Part B
- *This is for Wake County only.
- MultiPlan / Private Healthcare Systems
- NC Medicaid*
- *Not all Duke locations and doctors participate in this plan. Please contact the location you will be visiting to determine what is accepted.
- OneNet PPO
- Optima Family Care (Medicaid HMO in VA)*
- Optima Individual & Family (On & Off Exchange Plans)
- Optima Plus (PPO)
- Optima Vantage (HMO)
- *Duke Primary Care, Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, and Duke Raleigh Hospital are not participating with this plan.
- TRICARE Prime*
- TRICARE Prime Remote*
- TRICARE Select*
- *Duke Primary Care is considered an authorized, non-network participating provider.
- AARP Medicare Complete (HMO, PPO)*
- AARP Medicare Complete Essential (HMO)*
- All Savers Alternate Funding
- All Savers Fully Insured
- State Employee Health Plan (for retirees)
- United Healthcare (HMO, PPO, POS)
- United Healthcare Charter/Charter Balance/Charter Plus
- United Healthcare Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Core/Core Essential
- United Healthcare Navigate/Navigate Plus/Navigate Balanced
- United Healthcare of the River Valley
- United Healthcare Option PPO
- United Healthcare Options PPO with Harvard Pilgrim
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Options PPO
- United Healthcare Select/Select Plus
- United Medical Resources (UMR)
- *Duke HomeCare and Hospice does not participate with the plan.
This faculty member (or a member of their immediate family) has reported outside activities with the companies or institutions listed below. This information has been reported to the health system leadership and, when appropriate, management plans are in place to address potential conflicts of interest.
- Genomic Health, Inc.
- Nanostring Biotechnology
- Pfizer Inc.